Surgeon in Africa
General Surgeon role, St Helena
Africa / Surgeon
Looking for a role with a difference?
Maybe you are looking to expand your professional experience; relishing exposure to a different and exciting role; or just a change in your working environment.
Why not St Helena, an Overseas Territory of the United Kingdom located in the South Atlantic (circa 4,000 miles from the UK, 1,200 miles from South Africa).
Our client is a 28 bedded, well-resourced public hospital on the remote, beautiful island of St Helena (population 4,500) and is currently looking for a General Surgeon for a 3-year contract.
The island has around 570 surgical cases a year.
Any applicant must be experienced in general and laparoscopic surgery (plus upper and lower endoscopy).
- Excellent English
- GMC registration or equivalent from European countries, USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa
- Able to complete a 3-year contract.
- Consultant level or at Senior Specialist Registrar with at least 10 years’ post specialisation experience
- Competitive Remuneration (£85,000+ p.a. salary plus additional allowances)
- Accommodation (or allowance)
- Paid Airfare
- Other benefits
IMS also can offer many jobs in top hospitals in Europe and The Middle East
If the vacancy is of interest, please apply by sending your detailed CV with a recent photo to: email@example.com