IMS Recruitment – GDPR Policy
IMS Recruitment Ltd is a medical recruitment agency (located in Great Britain). This document details its General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) policy with regards to individuals’ data.
IMS’s commercial activity is based on finding medical staff for international clients. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) supercedes the Data Protection Regulation (Directive 95/46/EC). The Regulation is intended to harmonise data protection legislation across all European Union member states. Its aim is to enhance individual privacy rights and provides a strict framework within which commercial organisations can legally operate.
IMS’S legal basis for processing data
IMS’s legal basis for the processing of personal data is based on legitimate interest and/or consent.
How IMS Collects Information
The information IMS obtains about you will be provided by you. This is either from completing a form on our website (www.imsrecruitment.com), or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, VOIP, social media or any other business or recruitment websites. It will also include information you provide when you register on our website, or participate in discussion boards or communicate on other social media functions linked to our website and other websites.
IMS may also obtain your information from various other sources such as job board websites, business networking websites, online CV libraries and various other relevant social media sites. When this occurs, IMS will inform you that we are holding this personal data, the source the data originated from, whether it came from publicly accessible sources, and for what purpose we intend to retain and process your personal data.
How long does IMS keep your data for
IMS retains different types of data for varying periods of time. The criteria we use to determine whether we should retain your personal data and how long for includes:
- The nature of the personal data
- Its perceived accuracy of your date
- Your engagement levels with our services
- Our legal obligations following an offer or when a placement has been made.
We may archive all (or part) of your personal data, or retain it on our financial systems but delete all or part of it from our systems. Our current retention period for data on candidates who have not been placed, or no longer show any signs of engagement with IMS, is five years.
Why does IMS collect your Personal Information?
IMS’s legal basis for the processing of personal data is based on legitimate interest and/or consent. IMS collects and uses your Personal Information because it is necessary to obtain certain details from individuals to conduct the recruitment process and it is in our legitimate interests for the purposes of operating our business, including:
- Providing a response to your enquiries.
- Sending information to you regarding employment opportunities.
- Sending / receiving personal Information between our staff and offices for administrative purposes.
- Organising an employment role with a client.
- Carrying out direct marketing.
However, IMS will only collect, use and handle your Personal Information when:
- It is necessary for our legitimate interests in connection with carrying out our business, as long as, in each case, these interests are in line with applicable law and your legal rights.
- Where you have agreed.
- Where this is necessary for legal obligations which apply to us.
What IMS does with your Data
IMS works for clients in the UK, across the EU and for other clients in non-EU countries
IMS works directly with employers to find individuals jobs. IMS also cooperated with other agencies to look for candidates on their behalf, again to find them jobs. For EU vacancies, when we work with other EU based agencies; these agencies are again responsible to adhere to GPDR regulations.
Before any candidate information is forwarded to a client, IMS confirms with the individual that we have their permission to do so.
IMS Recruitment holds the following data on individuals order to forward suitable and interested candidates to our clients, solely for the purpose of finding an individual employment. Infor-mation stored may include any of the following and is usually required by employers in consid-ering any individual’s for employment:
- Names and contact details
- CV detailing work experience,
- Any email and other electronic communication of information provided by candidates.
- Communication from Referees and academic institutions and from authorities regarding any previous criminal convictions.
- Registration and licensing information
If IMS sends information to our clients, usually in the form of a CV and other supporting email communication from the individual, the information to the client is sent via email.
Emails sent and received (including attachments), are stored online on the computers of the company’s email service provider and are accessible by secure password.
If any sensitive personal data is provided by you, you have agreed that IMS may hold and use for recruitment purposes.
Under GDPR you have the following rights:
- To be allowed access to the personal data we process on you
- To be informed about the personal data we process on you
- To rectify your personal data
- To erase your personal data in certain circumstances
- To restrict processing of your personal data
- To enact data portability in certain circumstances
- To object to the processing of your personal data
You are entitled to opt-out from receiving electronic communication at any time by emailing email@example.com with the word “Unsubscribe” in the subject line. Once removed IMS will no longer have access to your personal data or previous communication. Please note, if your contact details are available in the public domain then IMS may contact you again.
You have a right to request access to any personal data that IMS holds about you, include any documents we have collected from you or other third parties as part of the recruitment process. To request a copy of your personal data, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
To facilitate the search, the following information will need be provided:
- First Name, Surname
- Medical Specialism
- Details of the data that you are requesting
- All current and past email addresses used
- Home and Mobile Telephone Number
IMS has forty days to process your request from the date it is received (this is our legal requirement).
If you have concerns with how IMS has handled your Personal Information, you may contact the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) which is the ultimate UK authority responsible for data protection.
Where we store your personal data
All information stored on our software and secured via password protected company computers and password protected Microsoft Office software as well as password protected back-up drives.
Changes to IMS’s GDPR Policy
Any future changes made by IMS to its privacy notice in future will be updated on this page and, if appropriate, you will be notified by e-mail. For any further information please email IMS’s nominated GDPR representative; Nick Sljivic, IMS Director at email@example.com.